Updates on May releases?

Steve rose

It isn't a single date anymore,  according to the note they have switched from a "Street Date" model to a "stock it when you get it" for the May releases, so they don't have the control over when models hit shelves any more, its just a lot of shipments clearing the deck as orders are filled. A shipment to a major californina game store with one distributor will take a different amount of time than one to a new england store that passes through a couple hands.

It isn't a single date anymore,  according to the note they have switched from a "Street Date" model to a "stock it when you get it" for the May releases, so they don't have the control over when models hit shelves any more, its just a lot of shipments clearing the deck as orders are filled. A shipment to a major californina game store with one distributor will take a different amount of time than one to a new england store that passes through a couple hands.

Yes, it will take a different amount of time to get to different retailers, but the vague 'July' is coming from retailers - which suggests that their suppliers don't know when they'll get it, and presumably they don't know because the people in the chain above them don't know either, and so on.

I'm confident Wyrd are doing all they can to get the product on the shelves as fast as possible, the delays would be hurting them far more than the players.

The decision to push back models for quality reasons is, in my opinion, a good one. I would rather wait an extra 2-3  months for high quality models rather than get sub par figures yesterday.  

Wyrd have given us all a fantastic game with amazing models so please cut them some slack

• Like 1

The game is indeed very good, and the models of very high quality, and, yes, it is far better that models are held back for quality control reasons than not.

However, not all the 'May' releases were held back for that reason, and as for cutting them some slack, I don't think anyone is not doing that.

All people are doing is expressing their frustration at not being able to get those models that should have been released in May, and their wish to have a clearer idea of when they might be able to get them.

These are not unreasonable feelings and wishes to have or to express.

• Like 1