Updates on May releases?

Steve rose

Seems like only December of Acolytes have their building instructions up yet, will the rest be up soon? European retailers have the 28th for the May releases so there is some time, but I hope they haven't been forgotten.  ;)

I popped into Simple Miniature Games last weekend and the guy there told me he is expecting the new releases (Som'er, Dawn Serpent etc) in on the 28th. I really hope this is the case because I'd hate to see an entire month pass by without any new releases. I faced a Dawn Serpent for the first time the other day and my god was it amazing. It gave me so much trouble I'm seriously considering getting one! Also... MUST HAZ JOHANA! I'm even prepared to buy Som'er just to get her and I have no interest in Gremlins at the moment. 

That's ridiculous! Hopefully that wont actually be the case. 

Hasnt pretty much every release this year been delayed by some extent?

I dont pay attention to the release dates given anymore as there fairly meaningless apart from giving you a general "its coming next" notification

That's ridiculous! Hopefully that wont actually be the case. 

:+fate

Hasnt pretty much every release this year been delayed by some extent?

You are absolutely correct. I promised myself I wouldn't do this anymore, I wouldn't preoder as I always get hurt, but then they come up with all these new and beautiful new improvements but.. Nothing changes. I must accept this. 

On a more manly note after the girly outburst. I WANT MY SOM'ER!! :D

Well that is disappointing to see. I'm hoping that Simple Miniatures in Christchurch will get them in earlier than most as they are a distributor. That's probably just me crossing my fingers and wishfully hoping for a miracle. I'll be very disappointed if nothing gets released this month. I've been waiting on a chance to bag me Johana since the end of March or early April. It's now looking like Johana will be June - July maybe even later in the year. :(

Yeah almost every release has been delayed. Fuhatsu and Lone Marshall were originally put up as a January release and look how long it took them to come out. I wish Wyrd would give us a definitive date but perhaps it's out of their hands? I find it so frustrating when it gets to the day before the release on places like Element Games etc and you look again and it's moved back 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Actually, there is a delay, but only due to the fact that we are currently in the midst of a warehouse/office move. We should have been completed near the fifteenth of this month but due to various reasons (electrical, internet, shipping, etc) that have been delayed in getting our new location up and running in full.

We had hoped earlier this week we would be done but it looks like its going to range into early next week before the whole move is sorted and situated.

We're excited about the move to the larger offices and warehouse (needed it, everything was piling up in the aisles), but it's a bear to move something this big and get everyone on the same page.

• Like 4

Well, making assumptions (which is usually the mother of all mistakes) - but if everything is back up and running next Tuesday/Wednesday we can ship out shortly there after. In the US most places are a three to five day ship time. Then a day to two days to get into their system, and then a day to three day ship time to stores. 

Realistically May becomes a June release by the time it's all said and done. We had hoped otherwise, but there were some serious hoops to jump through for the new warehouse (occupation license, fire suppression testing and certification, racking permissions ... not to mention all the 'small stuff' like business internet, electrical, blah blah blah).

• Like 1

Thanks Nathan, you're a star! I can stop looking at all my regular online sellers and I'm sure my local store will be glad to have a break from me hounding them for release dates. Realistically then, on the premise you guys are all squared away by early next week we should guestimate a couple of weeks give or take for May's release. 

I remember moving our research lab to a new building - two weeks of packing/unpacking, which was made all the more challenging by our boss opening up the boxes we'd finished to conduct random experiments. Fun times. :angry: 

Best of luck with the move. Having to relocate because you need more space is probably a good thing - might be able to afford that second swimming pool full of cash after all. ;)