Updates on May releases?

Steve rose

I've heard from Simple Miniature Games in Christchurch, UK who are a distributor they aren't expecting stuff until the 19th and they are usually fairly reliable.

Did they say what things were being released on the 19th?

You would think Wyrd would be communicating with customers rather than them having to phone a distributor to find out what products are coming out!

I'm afraid they weren't too specific on details so I can't offer any more info than that. I assume boxes with Johana as they haven't had any of them yet. I spoke to them back in April to try and get my hands on one and was assured they were coming but their orders from Wyrd had been delayed so rather than April-May as Wyrd Chronicles had suggested it's looking more like May-June for us :(

So is Wyrd having distribution issues like they did with the rulebooks?

Seems a shame as my limited monthly "toy soldier funds" will probably be going on something else that I know is getting released. I want to buy wyrd miniatures as they are of very good quality it's frustrating about the lack of communication at the moment re releases. I know they don't want to disappoint people but at least if we know there are issues and there may be no releases in May it's better than not being told anything.

So is Wyrd having distribution issues like they did with the rulebooks?

Not as far as I'm aware. It could be Wyrd having distribution issues or perhaps releases have been delayed to ensure the highest quality of product, for example, I know a while back Ophelia and Somer were delayed so they could increase the number of totems in each box as one wouldn't be enough to effectively play the crew and thy would have needed to release another box just for additional Skeeters / Young LaCroix.

On the other hand it could be totally out of their hands and be down to the USA Postal Service or whoever is shipping the orders over to the UK. I've had dealing with USPS in the past and frankly they are pretty bad when it comes to getting stuff over to the UK. This is merely speculation though, nothing concrete to say one way or the other :(

-------------------------------------------

EDIT

Just checked Wyrd Chronicles Issues 11. Says May we are due to see Somer Box, Gov. Proxy, Dawn Serpent, December Acolyte x3, Convict Gunslinger x2, Punk Zombie x3 and Bishop. Hopefully we will see the lot of them released but I'm not holding my breath for Somer. 

I am looking forward to the Somer box. I was disappointed that the Brew Master and Ophelia box were pushed back. Hope nothing pushes the Somer box back, but I do understand problems with distribution, etc. Some things are out of your control no matter how much you do. something always goes wrong, you just plan the best you can and pray it's something small.

No plans too, but I've learned not to paint myself into a corner.

She may never show up again quite bluntly, or at the end of the year I may decide to toss her in every online order for a week, or she may be given out wholesale to henchmen to hand out at demos .. who knows. That being said, always like leaving an option for ourselves.

:)

• Like 1

Dayum! Bishop looks pretty sweet as do the Gunslingers.... I recently bought the old Bishop and have been using Gunsmiths as Gunslingers.... Looks like I'll be buying new ones!! Also I begrudge buying Gremlins but if thats the only box coming with Johana then I'll jump in feet first!

Will European retailers get Johana ? Nobody said they won't, but nobody said that they will either. Wyrd been very economical with information.

Also is this only for  brick and mortar retailers ? Wouldn't it be a logistic nightmare to separate batches meant for brick & mortar shops from the ones going to online stores.

I'm a bit confused - Johanna will be in all Somer crew boxes or only in those that are purchased from local B&M retailers?

They have not, to my knowledge, announced which crew box will have Johanna each month, but it will rotate from one crew box to another each month, and yes they are supposed to be brick and mortar retail boxes only.

So it may be the Somer box initially, but next month it could be the Viks, or whomever, as I do not recall them even saying it was to only be brand new crew boxes.