Masters 2015

OldManMyke

What is going on you buffoon?  Its only 1st of May and you are talking about events in 2015.  Foolish person!

:)

Yes it is only May but the calendar is filling up fast and to avoid any clashes thought it would be better to get the masters date out there, along with the qualification criteria.

So the UK Malifaux Masters will be 17th / 18th January 2015 at

Newbridge High School,
Forest road
Coalville
Leicestershire
LE67 3SJ

which is the same place as it was this year (thanks Joel)

Qualification will be as follows:

Top 14 in the rankings after the GT is imported (yes the GT is the last ranking event of the year for masters qualification).  As per normal we will work down the list filling places until we have our 16.

The 2014 Champion - Craig Johnson

The Winner of the GT - Yes in a change of format winning the GT will automatically qualify you for the masters regardless of where you are in the rankings.  Mr Spooner has a chance of qualification yet.

There will be non masters events happening as well, though the details of those haven't been nailed down.

So there you go.  Put the date in your diaries for 2015.   Oh and if you want to see how you are doing in your quest for qualification then http://www.malifauxrankings.com/2014.php

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So just a quick update on how this one is all progressing.

We are sort of half way through the tournament year and at the moment it looks like a lot of new names are going to qualify for the masters this year but there are still plenty of events to go before everything is done and dusted, I currently estimate that 320 points will be the cut off but that could head upwards.

I've also nailed down the details of the side events

On the Saturday will be doing another movie themed story encounter which this time around will be based on the Matrix Trilogy (the good bits, not the bits where it spends a long time inspecting its own arse).

On the Sunday there will be a ranked tournament that those folks knocked out of the masters on the Saturday will be able to play in but at least 8 of the big names will still be in contention so a good chance to get your 2015 quest off to a flying start.

• Like 1

Can I just remind me everyone that we have an agreement. Craig is only allowed to borrow the Monks of Low River crew that's been devised for him... :P

Hell we should all chip in, construct a model and paint it for him in horrible garish colours. We would need what, 9-10 volunteers...?

#Faux-block!

• 2 months later...

So its been a while since I updated on what the Masters weekend is going to entail so thought I would do so now.

In a change from what I had previously said - I know changing my mind mid flow, who'd have thunk - the weekend will now feature 2 one day ranked events alongside the Masters.  Yes this means that on the Saturday the event will be running with no masters qualifiers in it, good way to get some 2015 rankings points in the bag :)

Sunday the 8 folks knocked out of the masters at the pool stage will be eligible to play in the side event, reward for getting knocked out early as Greg the Chosen One heads to his destiny.

On the Masters Format itself, I see no reason to vary from the formula that David used this year so on the Saturday it will be 4 pools of 4 playing round robin style with the top 2 players from each pool moving onto the straight knockout finals on the Sunday.  Top 4 qualifiers will be seeded into different pools but we will do a live random draw for the other 12.

I need to have a conversation with Joel about what we can do with regards Live Updates.

Right thats probably enough for now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so as I said earlier we will be running singles events both Saturday and Sunday of the masters. Both events will have 28 places available though the Sunday event will also have the 8 knocked out master players so will be a 36 strong event.

Tickets will be £10 if you want to play a single day or £15 if you are coming for the weekend.

Both events will be ranked and i will do my best to get 4 rounds each day.

Tickets will go on sale on Monday 1st December at 8pm, after the masters qualifications are known. Will let you know how to get them nearer the time.