TTB Uses for a standard Malifaux player

Rwwin

I wasn't a pledger for the campaign and while the game looks interesting I have to admit I simply don't have the time (or a dedicated enough group) to get back into RPGs these days.  It's hard enough to organize one off games let alone a true campaign.  I am curious if any of the Through the Breach materials could have crossover uses with standard Malifaux.

Obviously the minis will, but will the rules or almanac or deck have any use to anyone that plays standard Malifaux?

Thanks

Well, the fate deck will be a TtB one, but will have the Jokers and malifuax suits so will work fine for the tabletop game.

\The Fated Almanac has a bunch of fluff in it that you may enjoy,  too.

Other than that, not sure. But other folks may have better ideas about what else would be useful about the RPG stuff

Actually, because of the way that TTB is written in terms of final stats and such, it would be possible to use the system to create custom characters for one off scenarios. Granted, not everything will work together, but a great deal of the things will. Otherwise, you've got a ton of fluff on the history of Malifaux and how the city is laid out.

• Like 4

Actually, because of the way that TTB is written in terms of final stats and such, it would be possible to use the system to create custom characters for one off scenarios. Granted, not everything will work together, but a great deal of the things will. Otherwise, you've got a ton of fluff on the history of Malifaux and how the city is laid out.

Actually, me and my group are planning on using the stats of our characters and converting them over to masters at the end of our campaign! (I don't get a character as I am the Fate master so I will probably use whomever becomes my favorite NPC/Villain I decide to use. 

Actually, because of the way that TTB is written in terms of final stats and such, it would be possible to use the system to create custom characters for one off scenarios.

The only issue with that is the characters you create will be WAAAAAAAY out of balance with the regular Malifaux Masters - I wouldn't recommend running them against 'normal' crews. It could be a lot of fun to run an event where everyone was using their custom character as a Master in a series of story encounters, though.

• Like 2