M2e Kaeris

mythicFOX

24 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

Is there any way to build Kaeris on a budget for a new player?
Or she needs like emissary+railgolem to work?

I don't think there's any Arcanist master that needs the Emissary. I wouldn't stress the Rail Golem. It seems like it's one of those models that when the stars are aligned is awesome but most of the time you would have been better off with Howard. Unless you are running it in a Hoffman crew, where it can get a Ml7 attack.

Kaeris box + Ramos box + Malifaux Child should get you off to a good start with Kaeris. Add other good Arcanist models from there.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Is there any way to build Kaeris on a budget for a new player?
Or she needs like emissary+railgolem to work?

Personally I would say Kaeris is a generalist, so she doesn't need anything in particular to play. She is capable of supporting what you happen to have.  Kaeris box and Ramos Box will let you compete in all types of games. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i am a new player. I have the Kaeris crew that i extented, so my actual team is:

-kaeris + blinding flame(1) 

- the firestarter (7)

-2 gunsmith (14)

-eternal flame (2)

-3 fire gamin ( 12) 

- rail golem (11) + Powered by flame (2)

-5 soulstones 

what do you think abaout this composition?

On 5/23/2018 at 11:31 AM, biby063 said:

Hi i am a new player. I have the Kaeris crew that i extented, so my actual team is:

-kaeris + blinding flame(1) 

- the firestarter (7)

-2 gunsmith (14)

-eternal flame (2)

-3 fire gamin ( 12) 

- rail golem (11) + Powered by flame (2)

-5 soulstones 

what do you think abaout this composition?

That composition is really similar with the one i had when started playing with Kaeris. Eventually changed Rail Golem for The Captain, i really like the model, although it doesn't have the same synergy as the golem, it has some (causes burn), and the defense is great, while also adding some utility.

It's not the most competitive list (i guess you'ld have to add joss and/or hank) but it's pretty fun to play. Also, consider a split between fire gamin and metal gamin for some extra defense (for holding objectives, etc). Some matches/objectives I split 2/2

best regards

• 1 month later...

Hey all, 

Haven't been able to game in some time due to work but hoping the next month will alleviate this a bit. I've really been looking forward to the BackDraft encounter box. Has anyone had any luck with Kaeris and the Medibots or the Steam Fitters with Kaeris on the table ? I heard some mixed reviews about her new upgrades ( I haven't played since just before Broken Promises landed 😢 ..) Anyway.. I've always had fun playing her. Out of 5 masters,  3 Arcanists and 2 Outcast she's always been top 2 for fun. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Derpology said:

Hey all, 

Haven't been able to game in some time due to work but hoping the next month will alleviate this a bit. I've really been looking forward to the BackDraft encounter box. Has anyone had any luck with Kaeris and the Medibots or the Steam Fitters with Kaeris on the table ? I heard some mixed reviews about her new upgrades ( I haven't played since just before Broken Promises landed 😢 ..) Anyway.. I've always had fun playing her. Out of 5 masters,  3 Arcanists and 2 Outcast she's always been top 2 for fun. 

Kaeris has some fun toys - try them out - but many in the forums and my own experience have concluded Kaeris is still low on the curve. 

Kaeris fans are eager for BackDraft which is has been delayed multiple times over. 

20 hours ago, Derpology said:

Hey all, 

Her new upgrades are nice, but they cost 2SS each for some reason. Her new limited upgrade is double the cost of Grab & Drop, and it makes her even more reliant on putting conditions on enemies, a problem G&D sidesteps. I don't know why such a struggling master was given expensive upgrades and I'm worried she won't be viable for a long time if the backdraft models don't fix her.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jinn said:

Her new upgrades are nice, but they cost 2SS each for some reason. Her new limited upgrade is double the cost of Grab & Drop, and it makes her even more reliant on putting conditions on enemies, a problem G&D sidesteps. I don't know why such a struggling master was given expensive upgrades and I'm worried she won't be viable for a long time if the backdraft models don't fix her.

fire golem, the model in backdraft that is hailed at the kaeris renewal is actually also reliant on burning condition. it stacks the condition on itself like rail golem and keeps it to the next turns and then reduces the burning with x to reduce damage taken with x :) so burning is gonna be even more a thing for her soon

Unless the back draft box contains a specific buff to Kaeris (in the form of “if Kaeris is in your crew...”) then I am taking a guess that Fire Golem will play just as well in a crew led by another master.  I hope I’m wrong(I’m so optimistic I pre ordered unseen) but right now Kaeris’s kit is too far under the curve. 

She is a fun master but at competitive tournaments she is not present. 

I propose two things that would at least make her interesting. 1) Remove “Limited” from Grab and Drop. 2) Remove the  :ToS-Range:icon from her attacks. 

Im not sure that’s enough but it feels like a good start. 

I’m a new player so take what I say lightly. I look forward to hearing from those who’ve played a lot more. 

2 hours ago, azgadil said:

Unless the back draft box contains a specific buff to Kaeris (in the form of “if Kaeris is in your crew...”) then I am taking a guess that Fire Golem will play just as well in a crew led by another master.  I hope I’m wrong(I’m so optimistic I pre ordered unseen) but right now Kaeris’s kit is too far under the curve. 

I propose two things that would at least make her interesting. 1) Remove “Limited” from Grab and Drop. 2) Remove the  :ToS-Range:icon from her attacks. 

I’m a new player so take what I say lightly. I look forward to hearing from those who’ve played a lot more. 

from what the teaser said you really dont need kaeris in the crew for fire golem, he's more of a stand alone but you might want something like one union miner to spam burning onto him because of his passive you can basically say any burning is "extra hp" ^^ 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, azgadil said:

I think one of the big issues that Kaeris  (and other models that need burning targets) has is that. Burning can be AP intensive and ties you into some activation order dependencies. If the models in Backdraft make Burning more effortless to spread, and gives a way to leave the condition on models at the end of the turn, that should be a sizable buff to all Arcanist models that depend on Burning. The previews at least have hinted that this may be the case.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

I seem to remember the preview saying that the Golem causes nearby models to not lose the condition at the end of the turn, which is useful for friendlies and enemies alike

From the previews -  Fitzsimmons and the Saboteurs have ways to generate burning around scheme markers, the Fire Golem can discard to give itself and all models within 3 inches the burning condition, and models in base contact with the Fire Golem don't end the burning condition at the end of the turn. 

That should make it a lot easier to pass burning out and potentially keep it on a key model. Kearis just needs a way to hire a Lampad and then she'll be in a good place.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:37 AM, Hollingydale said:

So I am currently running this with Kaeris and having a lot of success, Just wondered what peoples thoughts are?

My activations with her are generally card draw, pushing enemy models with blinding flame or triple walking to grab and drop something useful out of position. For instance vs Ulix she picked up old major to bring him into my crew for public demo, then he was finished the following turn. I'm also trying Blade and Claw but in two games haven't found the opportune moment to cast it.

• Kaeris - Grab and Drop/Seize the Day/Blinding Flame
  • Malifaux Child
  • Joss - Open Current or Bleeding Edge Tech/Imbued Energies or Howard Langston - Imbued Energies
  • Angelica - Blade and Claw
  • Cojo - Well rehearsed
  • Slate Ridge Mauler - Circus Bear
  • Moleman
  • Medical Automaton or Arcane Effigy

Plus I can fiddle with upgrades to fit an extra moleman, hoarcat pride or union miner should I see fit for 9 activations.

The list is surprisingly tanky with lots of hard to kill, options to heal above said hard to kill, and generally easy access to schemes. Any one else given Blade and Claw a go? I can see it catching a lot of opponents out T2 onwards.

@Fazza92 Mr Hollingdale was running this at some point. Maybe he has improved upon it.

On 7/18/2018 at 5:33 PM, madaxeman said:

Try Blade and Claw on Howard.  Gives him an insane threat range combined with any forward-deployed small Beast as a swap-places option.

Brad and Claw probably isn’t a good idea in a model that has Nimble. Plus Howard loses the possiblity of Well Rehearsed and Imbued Energies. 

Blade and Claw is better suited for like a Lazarus. 

42 minutes ago, bluepanther said:

Brad and Claw probably isn’t a good idea in a model that has Nimble. Plus Howard loses the possiblity of Well Rehearsed and Imbued Energies. 

Blade and Claw is better suited for like a Lazarus. 

The combo of Blade and Claw and Nimble either gives Howard a huge threat range or allows him to move next to something, Flurry, and then move away to safety.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WWHSD said:

The combo of Blade and Claw and Nimble either gives Howard a huge threat range or allows him to move next to something, Flurry, and then move away to safety.

Very true. Still doesn’t seem a useful as other upgrades. I’ve never put it on him so I can’t speak from expierence. I’d rather add a ss for imbued protection.

I feel like with Blade and Claw you really need a lot of beasts. If you just keep one near him then it seems like once you swap that would be it. You need other possible targets. Is that wrong to think? 

9 hours ago, bluepanther said:

Very true. Still doesn’t seem a useful as other upgrades. I’ve never put it on him so I can’t speak from expierence. I’d rather add a ss for imbued protection.

I feel like with Blade and Claw you really need a lot of beasts. If you just keep one near him then it seems like once you swap that would be it. You need other possible targets. Is that wrong to think? 

But, you dont need to have the upgrade on him, you could put it on someone els, and swap them. Still having him with IE, nimble and fast... making him sure to get a kill and move 2 times. or one time and keep IE for later times.

i have been looking into making this work with Scorpius for a fire - poison build, making scorpius burn to give him flying, or charge and then teleport howard in to finish the job.