Malifaux Mobile App

Installed! The app looks great. Would you like to receive feedback right in this thread or did you have something else planned? 

More this.

In the lack of other direction, I'll guess here.

I'm not 100% sure on the card flips.  All I can do is keep flipping and see if it comes up.  The way setup is done is the first two flips are conducted, then the deck is reshuffled and the second two are drawn.  I've done like 100 flips now, and haven't come up with a double yet.

I know that's not 100% proof because...  well statistics I guess.  But it's troubling.

• Like 1

It would be nice to be able to save the crew I am working on to come back to later.  I do not know if that was in the plans, or even if it is possible.  Just a thought.

Loving it so far.

Had a bit of a play with the app, and I love it!!

This will make it a lot easier for me when teaching people how to play. I just press the button and I have a picture of deployment, plus a Strategy and Schemes with dropbox for the text.

This needs to not reset.

I generate strat, scheme etc and it resets as soon as my screen turns off.

I don't want to have to write it all down.

That's why I want an app :-P

I'm running it on a LG G2 and it doesn't reset, when the screen goes off, or even if I go back to my home screen, load another app, then go back to it - it keeps the information there.

I'm guessing it'll lose it after a certain amount of time, depends if your phone is overzealous about reclaiming memory.

I'm running it on a LG G2 and it doesn't reset, when the screen goes off, or even if I go back to my home screen, load another app, then go back to it - it keeps the information there.

I'm guessing it'll lose it after a certain amount of time, depends if your phone is overzealous about reclaiming memory.

I haven't tested it on my LG G2 yet but it does immediately reset on Mt tablet. (Acer a200 running Android 4.0.3)

I also agree qwith previous post regarding the color combination for the Soulstone pool and available being difficult to read. I think the text font needs to be a brighter color over the Red.

for now, just post any comments in here. I'm keeping an eye on the thread and it will be easier to find out what everyone as a whole wants rather than going through individual requests

So far what I've seen is:

• make the soulstone and pool font color more easily read. (not surpirsed at this TBH)
  • Schemes are reseting on screen blank out for some people. (I believe Ninjahamster hit the nail on the head with this one, but I've got an idea of how to stop this from happening)
  • Saving a crew and coming back to it (a long term version of this currently in progress, but I will make it so that just what is currently done is saved and reloaded between app uses.
  • Also, the scheme and stratgey is just like normal flipping for now (no ability to select which ones you are taking), but there will come a time when this will be able to send you to another page where you can keep track of an entire game (stratgey and schemes including which you took and notes, model wounds and conditions, etc). Unfortunatly, this is going to be later down the road.
  • Like 1

I love it, however I would like to see a way to show the info on the upgrade cards so we know what they do. Even if it is just a quick blurb about it. I think that would assist the newer players like myself who don't know all the upgrades and what they can do as well as people trying out new masters and don't know the master all to well. Even if it is a glossary added to an additional section of the app.

First (unique) thought:

- I know there is a 'back' button up top, but it would be nice if my hardware back button worked the same way. Currently, if I am in the crew creator and want to return to the menu, pressing my hardware back button takes me to my home screen.

Most of what pops up in my head while I play with it are features that have already been covered (saving, tracking, etc). Making sure what is generated and created sticks around upon closing the app is probably the most important change to be made in this version. For what the app is right now I don't see a whole lot that needs changing beyond this.

My device: HTC One running Cyanogenmod 11

I love it, however I would like to see a way to show the info on the upgrade cards so we know what they do. Even if it is just a quick blurb about it. I think that would assist the newer players like myself who don't know all the upgrades and what they can do as well as people trying out new masters and don't know the master all to well. Even if it is a glossary added to an additional section of the app.

Unfortuatly, while I would like to add something like this, it comes to close to infringing on Wyrd's copyright for my taste. I'd rather stay away from having as little model information in the app as possible with the exceptions being model costs, wounds, and stratgey/scheme information. Anything about model specific rules (even blurbs about what an upgrade does) feels like it might be stepping over the line a bit.

First (unique) thought:

- I know there is a 'back' button up top, but it would be nice if my hardware back button worked the same way. Currently, if I am in the crew creator and want to return to the menu, pressing my hardware back button takes me to my home screen.

Most of what pops up in my head while I play with it are features that have already been covered (saving, tracking, etc). Making sure what is generated and created sticks around upon closing the app is probably the most important change to be made in this version. For what the app is right now I don't see a whole lot that needs changing beyond this.

My device: HTC One running Cyanogenmod 11

I agree with your idea about the back button. My device has the same issue, and while I've tried to figure out how to fix this, I haven't been able to figure it out. If I do figure out how to fix it, I can guarantee it will be in the next version.

Rather than having all flips in a row, I'd prefer to see the flips next to the heading they are drawn for. E.g. the headings would appear as:

Deployment - [ :crow ]

---text---

Strategy - [ :mask   ]

---text---  

Schemes - [6 :crow ​  4 :tome  ]
---text---

Sorry for the blurry photos... couldn't get screenshots working on my phone so I just took pictures with a webcam.  Here's a few suggestions/requests for better usability.  Sorry if any of this has been covered already.  A lot of these are "in my opinion" of course.   ;)

j4GytwW.jpg

1- Add more navigation options.  

Replace "Back" with a menu icon such as small-tiles-72.png

Add "Previous" and "Next" buttons to navigate directly from page to page, for example from Crew Creator to Strats & Schemes without going back to the main menu.  Making it possible to swipe the screen left or right would also be a great touch!

2- This is a lot of screen real estate for the page heading.  

3- These two menus are used the most of all of them while building a crew.  Having them at the bottom is okay in the computer version as they generally don't disappear from view, but after adding a couple of models these constantly disappear and you end up having to scroll down after adding each model.  

I think moving the menus to the top would be ideal, or as an alternative have the program auto-scroll down after adding a model to the list so that these menus don't disappear from view.  

Another pet-peeve of mine is that models are always added to the list in alphabetical order; sometimes I like to organize my crew list in different ways, such as most expensive to least.  Personally I'd rather the new model just gets added to the end of the list, and make it possible to reorder the list after the fact. 

6B3ezn9.jpg

1- As I suggested in the last post, these icons could be moved next to the appropriate header to save on screen real estate.  

2- We generally don't need to see the deployment map after setup, so it should have a heading with a "+/-" button to show/hide it like the strategy and schemes.

If the top bar is designated as a navigation bar as I suggested then the Generate button would need to move, perhaps next to the Strategy and Schemes heading (which is again a bit large I think).  It might be a good idea to have a confirmation request after clicking Generate in case you've clicked it by accident ("Are you sure you want to generate new S&S?  Y/N").  

Also, it should be possible to select the deployment/strat/schemes as its quite possible both players would want to use this app on their own device and have that information at their fingertips but without that ability only one player can use the app for strategy and schemes.

• Like 1

Testing on rooted B&N NookColor with CyanogenMod 10.2.1.

Rezzers with Molly and some students loaded, FAQ loaded, Link to Pull My Finger works too.

Schemes are difficult to read.  Can a zoom be added?

Started building a crew, opened Facebook, went back to the app, and the crew is still there.

Hit Back to the main screen, and then back to the Crew Creator, and everything's still there.

In addition to a model collection option, the Arsenal decks would work very well also.

Should model collection be added, I'd love to see all the alternates and special models like the Evil Baby Orphanage set and Gremlinette Hog Whisperer included.

@Moosey

If you're using PhoneGap/Cordova, you can attach to the "backbutton" event on document to do what you need to do.

If you're using the Android SDK, you can create an @Override public void onBackPressed() {} inside your Activity and this method will be called when the user presses the back button.

If you're using something else...then I'm interested in what you're using! :)

@Moosey

If you're using PhoneGap/Cordova, you can attach to the "backbutton" event on document to do what you need to do.

Yeah, I did some quick digging arround and found the backbutton event. I've allready added that in and have got it working. It'll be part of the next rollout.

I've also gone ahead and addressed the issue Ausplosions was having with stuff resetting when the screen goes blank (at least I think I have, he'll have to let me know if it isn't fixed). A few of the other changes people have suggested have allready made it in with a few more let to do before I make another release. I'm also happy to announce that I've gotten the ground work in for a 'Settings system'. What I'm curious about is, would people prefer settings to be handled and set from a menu option on each page, or 1 central 'Settings' Page that manages all pages.

Personally, I'm leaning towards each page handling it's own, so you don't have to change pages to edit any settings. Just make your change and it happens right in front of you.

• Like 1

You may be able to test Ausplosions issue by shutting down the app and then restarting it. (From the App settings area, or if you have a "multi-task" button on your device you may be able to close it from there). I was having a similar issue with my app until I put all the data into localStorage and tested it this way. Some devices are more...aggressive...on reclaiming space, as noted above, and that's all this is. (I think...)

I kind of like the Central Settings page, which is accessible from all other pages. So you don't have to dig around to find the particular setting you're looking for, but you don't have to go anywhere to get at it either. 

Also, someone hire Mach_5 as a QA...the man knows how to provide solid feedback. :D

His last suggestion makes me think of using NFC or BT to share data between devices. Just tap the button with the phones next to each other and BAM, everyone has a copy.

• Like 1

Also, someone hire Mach_5 as a QA...the man knows how to provide solid feedback. :D

His last suggestion makes me think of using NFC or BT to share data between devices. Just tap the button with the phones next to each other and BAM, everyone has a copy.

That would be awesome.  If that is implemented, you should be able to share your crew list with your opponent, too, just to keep things square.

Finally, a Turn / VP / SS counter would be nice, too.

• Like 1

You may be able to test Ausplosions issue by shutting down the app and then restarting it. (From the App settings area, or if you have a "multi-task" button on your device you may be able to close it from there). I was having a similar issue with my app until I put all the data into localStorage and tested it this way. Some devices are more...aggressive...on reclaiming space, as noted above, and that's all this is. (I think...)

I kind of like the Central Settings page, which is accessible from all other pages. So you don't have to dig around to find the particular setting you're looking for, but you don't have to go anywhere to get at it either. 

yeah, thats what I did (swapped from sessionStorage to localStorage). I've been testing it by turning off the phone and back on and it seems to be working

I'm definitly going to (if I haven't allready) incorperate a lot of Mach_5's ideas. I might look into a way of sharing info down the road, but currently I'd rather focus on adding more functionality so the app is more useful.

• Like 1