Malifaux Mobile App

@Cats Laughing I like the idea of having a collection manager, as well as some kind of integration into the crew creator, but I think it would be better if the crew creator filtered out models you don't have rather than highlighting the ones you do have. Could also add different filter levels (ie. All Models, Models I Own, Painted Models Only)

My thoughts on this are that filtering out model you don't have allows you to build only crews that you can currently use, but doesn't help you determine what new models you need to build crews that you can't currently use.  A highlight function would let you build speculative lists and see which models you need to go out and buy.  Think of it as a "how to give Wyrd more money" function.  Having a link on the models you don't own point to the Wyrd store front might be a function that Wyrd would approve of...

Wouldnt have anything directly linked to the store. Not everyone lives in America nor do they want to possibly use extra internets to see what they can see anywhere. The collection manager could be like what used to be on the warmahordes app before PP made there own awful version. iBodger I think it was called. If something similar is made for Malifaux to what that was for PP then it would be a great boom to the community but don`t let it dictate sales as that could easily put folk off

I'd also be happy to beta test:  I have a nextbook 7 and a galaxy S4

Names:

1. Malifaux Station (splash screen may include train elements through the portal w/ permission?)
  2. Malifaux City Record (designs up like the newspaper/ragsheet decor of the official site? w/permission of course)
  3. The Malifaux Mobile Toolkit (already suggested, but i think its a solid solid option)

Feature Suggestions:

1. As much game information as you can pack into it for statistics tracking.  Follow the setup for the game
  • Factions declared
  • Deployment type
  • Schemes avaialble
  • Crews taken
  • Schemes chosen (both personally and your opponent?)
  • Victory points scored
  • End results
  • LONG WAY OUT feature - Interface this app with the tournament software developed by DEUSINNOMEN so that tournament reports can include this data.  

As far as beta version distribution goes, have you considered using a service like Test Flight?

Sending PM concerning iOS devices.

Edit: And what are you making the app using?

Test Flight works really well.  It lets you easily update and  even sunset the test version on a specific date.

I worked with Tinkerhouse on PP's War Room (It's fun finding ways to break other people's apps :D   ) and I'd be very happy to help do the same here.  I've an iPhone5 and an iPad3, both running iOS 7.1.1.   I'm an ACSP and part of the Apple Mobile Developers Group.

So if you need me, I'm happy to help.

Yes, Nathan gave me permission to go through with this as of last week. I've been swamped with another project I started while waiting to hear back from him, which is finished up now. I'm going to start talking with one of the graphics designers that messaged me and show them what I've done. I also want to get their input on what they would do to improve the look of the app before I send it out for a beta

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind seeing an option to save lists. It would save some time making them like if you only had one never born crew and wanted to save the list minus upgrades then it would make for a shorter time to get ready to play.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry about the lack of updates guys, but this is still coming. I'm hoping to get the first round out either tonight or tomorrow. I've been hard at work switching the UI over to the new style and getting a new feature added in. I've also been doing a lot of travel and it's much harder to work on a laptop than my main computer at home. As a quick little thanks for your patience, I'm attaching some screenshots of what I currently have done. All that is left is the splash screen. Before that however, I'd like to give a great big thanks to all the work that SmoothWD40 put into this. He's responsible for the new, and easily much more beautiful look of the app.

• Like 4

I have some tech, but no Malifaux skills so I won't be part of any testing unless it gets extended for several months.  :-(

I do want to second/third/fourth/whatever a  collection manager with different screens.  Knowing what I have right now to build a crew, knowing what I might still buy to enhance a crew, would both be nice.  Especially since I seem to lack much in the way of organizational skills.