US RANKED "Live Free or Die Cheating" May 10th - Game Castle, Londonderry, NH

PeregrineFalcon

EVENT DEBRIEF CLICK HERE  FOR 2015 EVENT CLICK HERE

Pre-registration: $10 (paypal [AT] thehelblings.com) (ENDs 11:59PM 5/9/2014)

Date: May 10th, 2014

Time: 11am, registration 10am - 11am

Format: 50ss Fixed faction Gaining Grounds 2014

Address: 123 Nashua Rd Londonderry, NH 03053

NOTE: Food will be provided as part of your registration fee

(If you have dietary restrictions or don't want pizza let me know during (pre- or dayof-)registration and you can deduct $5 from fee; FYI there is only a 30min lunch break)

The first ranked Malifaux Event in New England will take place on May 10th, 2014 at The Game Castle, Londonderry, NH. We will be taking very little breaks in between so we finish at a reasonable time. In order to facilitate this, a portion of your registration will go towards a pizza order which will be ready between round 1 and round 2.

Tournament Organizer (TO) will be myself, any questions should be asked here or day of event.

We will be using the Gaining Grounds document with a few modifications:

• Painting requirement is to have models assembled and on bases (you may earn brownie points for a fully painted crew)
  • No Avatars
  • Proxies allowed as long as approved DURING registration (not at start of a round)

1st, 2nd place prizes (3rd place if enough attendees)
Results will be entered into MalifauxRankings.com

Prizes:

• Limited Edition "Impossible to find" Malifools Adepticon Deck
  • Store Credit
  • Wyrd goodies
  • Swag:
    • Every attendee will get a special 'item' for attending
  • Raffle

Reminder of Strategies for May (players should confirm with latest version of Gaining Grounds found in the Download area on Wyrd website):

• Round 1 - Reconnoiter (Flank Deployment)
  • Round 2 - Stake a Claim (Standard Deployment)
  • Round 3 - Reckoning (Corner Deployment)

Schemes will be randomly chosen day-of before registration closes.

IMG_20140424_190716.jpg

Pre-registered:
Manny A. - MJUNGLEDOG
Matt P. - ZOMBIE1701
Alex F. - AFEINMAN
Marc M. - MICHAUD
Matt L. - SilasCordell
Ian N. - Drool_Bucket

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this.  I will do my best to be there!

Awesome. Hope to see you there!

So, as someone who grew up in NH I have to ask - is the title a typo or a play on the lack of dice in Malifaux? ;)

I wish I could take credit for being so good at coming up with a pun like that, alas, I am not. But now that you say that, it may have to be the new name next year, and years on-going.

Regardless, it was a typo, as I intended for it to be "Live Free or Die Cheating", but after posting I can't change the title so it had to stay.

Great question though. Where in NH are you from? Are you able to attend? :)

Just curios but if we are allowed to sub models why are we required to have them primed? I ask as a new player my stuff is assembled but not primed and I am unlikely to get it primed before the tournament.?

Great question!

Proxies are being allowed since a lot of models aren't available for various factions, but have official rules. The painting rule is usually separate. Therefore, because I want to have a healthy attendance and know that there is potential for a large amount of players who are just getting into the game I don't want them to feel like they can't play. Hence the concept of having models primed, showing you are 'in-progress' and putting an effort in to getting your models painted.

After all, playing with these models all painted up just looks awesome on the table!

If you don't have your models primed, that's fine (I'll update the original rules), but assembled is a must and on bases is a must. Painting will someday be a requirement, but at this time there are still so many new players that we will let it fly for now. The goal is again, showing you are putting in effort to get your crew painted up.

Thanks and if you have any more questions let me know. Hope to see you (and many others) there!!

Cheers,

-Adam H.

Much appreciated! I know that most of us play multiple games and as such it is at times tough to prioritize what needs to be completed. As of right now I have completed all of my scheme tokens, trees bases and even my gupp eggs just not enough time in the day! I look forward to meeting you at the tournament.

• Like 1

Looks like we have a little friendly rivalry going. I have received various 'threats' that the Massachusetts players are attempting to take first place this event. Who in New Hampshire will stand up and protect us from this "Tax Paying", "Bad Driving" Mali-n00bs?

http://www.dorkamorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97264#p97264

Looks like we have a little friendly rivalry going. I have received various 'threats' that the Massachusetts players are attempting to take first place this event. Who in New Hampshire will stand up and protect us from this "Tax Paying", "Bad Driving" Mali-n00bs?

http://www.dorkamorka.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97264#p97264

Well, I am contractually obligated to ruin the day of anybody from the DorkaMorka set. I got this.

Don't forget the Rhode Island Contingent (me)!  I'll be fighting for last place!

Going to be awesome to have 3 states represented. Hoping some of the CT players can make it up. Will be great.

Just as an FYI, I have no pre-registers so while I have a little SWAG prepared for players, if I don't have a good estimate of number of players I won't have a good gauge of tables to have setup or how many 'swag' items I need.